Reviewed Items Can be Found at "The SGT PREPPER MARKET"

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Knife


The most important tool that any Hiker, Camper, Prepper and Survivalist can have is a knife. Perhaps this stems from my time as a United States Army Ranger, in any case, your knife is your best friend. As a general rule, I carry at least two knives on me at all times, somethimes as many as eight. Some might think that a bit excentric but, "while I may become a victim, but I will never be a helpless victim".

The uses for a good knife is only limited to your imagination. It is so much more that a cutting tool or a means of self defense.
It can help you acquire game and then build a fire to cook your dinner. But only if it is a "good" knife. Not all knives are created equal. I won't go into the grading of the metal used in the blades, but I have seen some knives dull themselves by simply cutting rope!

But the Bear Grylls Survival knife does not suffer from this problem. It comes with an extremely sharp, stainless steel, drop point blade that will keep an edge for a very long time and to help keep it that way is a diamond sharpener built into the sheath.

The knife comes with a Ferrocerium fire starter which stores easily in the Military grade sheath. At the base of the handle is a Stainless steel pommel which can be used, in a pinch, for hammering.

If all of this is not enough... it even comes with easy-to-follow instructions on how to survive in the wild.



I rate the Bear Grylls Survival Knife very high and may make it one of my everyday carry knives - it's a very good knife.

This Item is for SALE at our Store, located below.
Please support "The Prepper Daily" and shop at our Store.